This page attempts to help you find the most obvious Sailing Authorities:
As the National Governing Body for the sport of sailing, US Sailing's
mission is to provide leadership for the sport of sailing in the United
States. The organization works to achieve this mission through a wide
range of programs and events, geared towards providing an equal level
playing field for all sailors.
For sailors of any age getting out on the water for the first time to
sailors who dream about their passion for being out on the water every
day, US Sailing sets the course enabling sailors to enjoy the sport for a
ISAF: International Sailing Federation
The International Sailing Federation (ISAF) is the world governing
body for the sport of sailing, officially recognized by the
International Olympic Committee (IOC).
ISAF is responsible for:
- the promotion of the sport internationally;
- managing sailing at the Olympic Games;
- developing the Racing Rules of Sailing and regulations for all sailing competitions;
- the training of judges, umpires and other administrators;
- the development of the sport around the world; and
- representing the sailors in all matters concerning the sport.